Re: yum clean bug

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 12:55 -0500, seth vidal wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 18:50 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Jesse Keating wrote:
> >
> > > Just because you don't
> > > agree doesn't mean we're wrong, and vice/versa.
> >
> > Just because Seth can choose not to do something does not mean he can
> > redefine /var/cache meaning
>
> let's be clear - I didn't redefine /var/cache's meaning. I simply chose
> to be conservative with delete operations in this directory.

and as another comment from the FHS:

From:
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#VARCACHEAPPLICATIONCACHEDATA

Files located under /var/cache may be expired in an application specific
manner, by the system administrator, or both.

Yum's clean function is the application specific manner is the one I've
implemented.

In no way have I redefined /var/cache's meaning.

I take remarks that I'm violating a standard very seriously and I do not
appreciate them being bandied about for histrionic purposes.

-sv