yum clean bug

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Dec 9 18:39:42 UTC 2005

Jesse Keating wrote:

> Nowhere in here do I see any argument that states yum should make
> assumptions on the user's part about when to remove files not associated
> with an existing/enabled repository.  Do you actually have a valid
> argument for this feature, or are you just making noise?

Do you actually read the messages you're responding to ?

This particular subthread had nothing to say on the subject, just that
if preserving yum "cache" data presents some interest (because of some
particular use cases) /var/cache was a particularly dangerous place to
put it.

I know Seth well enough to stop arguing when he writes no, never.

Since he insists /var/cache/yum/* must be preserved, I was pointing out
/var/spool/yum/ would make his choice more clear and consistent with
general system rules.

--
Nicolas Mailhot