Re: yum clean bug

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On 12/9/05, Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas mailhot laposte net> wrote:
>> Since he insists /var/cache/yum/* must be preserved, I was pointing out
>> /var/spool/yum/ would make his choice more clear and consistent with
>> general system rules.
>
> I'm pretty sure he didn't say it "must be preserved".  Please can you
> reference the post where he said "must be preserved."   My email cache
> of this thread so far only has you saying anything about "must be
> preserved."

"But how can I really be sure that ALL the data in that dir is
disposable, especially if the user has disabled the repo in question in
their config.

I err on the side of protecting data. If yum is not told to remove it,
then it won't remove it."

So this is not-disposable data needing protection. I translate this into
data that must be preserved. If it's not preserved it's not really
protected, right ?

--
Nicolas Mailhot