Re: install problem with fc devel as of dec 10

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 05:59:17PM -0800, Patrick Mansfield wrote:
> Has anyone been able to do a full install recently with fc devel?

I just completed one with today's rawhide (2005-12-12)

> My system is not rebooting after the rpm install step completes.

Are you getting a kernel panic after the initial booting?
Append "selinux=0" to the boot line and Init will start up properly.

> I've searched recent bugs and found nothing ...

You should also be subscribed to the fedora-test-list if you are doing
rawhide installs.  This has been mentioned there several times.

> I've booted install kernels via both copies of the pxeboot images (copied
> to my local disk) and then via CDROM.

I used the boot.iso to boot fine.  I had to add the selinux=0 to get the
reboot to proceed properly.

> The main thing I notice is this dmesg output:
>
> audit(1134461372.947:68): avc:  denied  { execmem } for  pid=9577 comm="grub" scontext=system_u:system_r:anaconda_t:s0 tcontext=system_u:system_r:anaconda_t:s0 tclass=process
>
> I would think something would have been output to the gui or serial line
> if grub failed to run/install.

No, selinux is interfering with the reboot because no contexts have been
yet set for the system(?)

> I can try installing again, installs are taking about 3 hours or so for me
> (older x86 box ... no network/pxe boot), the dependency checking alone
> seems to take 20 minutes or so. So, I can re-run and get more information,
> but it will take some time.

Try the selinux trick and see if that works.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury     `- -'
RHCT                   U