install problem with fc devel as of dec 10

Patrick Mansfield patmans at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 13 02:41:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 08:25:46PM -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 17:59 -0800, Patrick Mansfield wrote:
> > Has anyone been able to do a full install recently with fc devel?
>
> I did one on Saturday, or it was yesterday I can't remember.  But it
> went smoothly for the most part.  I didn't have any problems really with
> the install itself with anaconda.  I don't know what problem your
> running into or at least why.  Maybe it's a faulty hardware problem, or
> the mirror your using it's sync'd completely or something?

Guess I can re-sync and try again, maybe with a different mirror.

I just rebooted the install kernel once more, and ran an "upgrade existing
install", that didn't take much time, but again, the reboot does not
happen.

But I do have a shell open on the system now ...

> Also remember, the system is going through rebuilds using the newer gcc
> so that *might* have something to do with it.

yeh ... that could be hard to debug.

I last ran OK with FC devel as of Dec 7. I had used "yum update" and not a
full install to update. gcc at that time had:

gcc-4.0.2-6.i386.rpm

-- Patrick Mansfield