rhn-applet replacement...

I've installed Fedora Core 4, and I found that rhn-applet alert icon is
not working at all.
Playing with bash scripting, I've made a very simple script that checks
via "sudoed" command 'yum check-update' for updates and display an icon
on the Gnome panel "notification area" applet using Zenity.

It's a very poor method, but it works...
If someone is interested, I'm happy to share this very simple script.
HTH

--
Mario 'Reliant' Pascucci
http://ilpettegolo.altervista.org/