Re: udev alpha testing

Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
I would be glad, if the really brave could compile, install and test:
ftp://people.redhat.com/harald/udev/076-1/

Beware this could end in a non-bootable system.

This version removes the hardware initializing/module loading phase from rc.sysinit. Udev should do most, if
not all job. I am interested in any missing modules, that were loaded before.

Impressive. Not only does it boot faster (with selinux=0), but I can't
see any real difference between 076-1 and 075-4: exactly the same
modules get loaded.

well, did you update initscripts also?