Default cursor theme for FC5.

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Tue Dec 13 20:44:50 UTC 2005

Mike A. Harris wrote:

> My current running assumption, is that manually hacking this
> to be like it was before is the correct thing to do for now,
> however since I haven't seen anyone complain or file any bug
> reports, I'm wondering if we now override the cursor settings
> via Gconf or something else?

Last time i checked this was still set by the theme files.

> So:  Should the default cursor theme remain "BlueCurve", and

IMHO, we should definitely get away from the current cursor theme,
wherever it's coming from. The reason being that it's blue, which i feel
goes bad as a mouse theme. Also i feel that the busy indicator is too
"busy".

I like the bluecurve theme, but something like jimmac's cursor theme (i
think it can be found on gnome-look.org (i think it's called jimmac0) if
you're are at all interested.

> if so, is it prefered that the libXcursor package supply the
> /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme file in by default and
> set this up?

I think so. previously this has belonged to the xorg-x11 package, but
since we're modulizing, this seems fine to me.

/Thomas