gstreamer 0.10

Rob Andrews rob at choralone.org
Wed Dec 14 11:35:35 UTC 2005

On 14-Dec-2005 11:31.20 (GMT), Rob Andrews wrote:
 > > Ummm... this is bad.
 > > Without arts support, how can I concurrently use both arts applications
 > > (artsdsp OSS and/or KDE applications) and alsa applications (Amarok over
 > > gstreamer) without having lock problems?
 > http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=DmixPlugin

Sorry, my reply was supposed to be more verbose but I'm running on
autopilot this morning.

dmix is an alsa helper for devices that don't support hardware mixing or
have fixed-frequency codecs (e.g. the 48000Hz fixed-frequency
Intel/VIA/SIS integrated audio devices). It downmixes and frequency
scales as required.

rob andrews                                            rob at choralone.org