Default cursor theme for FC5.

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Dec 15 11:00:43 UTC 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Dick Dishkuvek wrote:

> Joachim Frieben wrote:
>> I think the classic Bluecurve icon cursor them is much better
>> anyway than this spinning blue thingy of FC5-rawhide.
>
> I agree.  The spinning blue thing is a distraction, it also makes the
> cursor take up too much area, cursors should be a little smaller, at
> least by default.

The spinning blue thing might look nice on suitable background but it's a
total disaster when you
1) Have a blueish background (for example RHEL 4u2 introduced this
new thingy and the cursor completely vanishes into the default
blue background)
2) Try to click on something when it's spinning. Why doesn't it have an
arrow in it at all times, like it has for example on top of firefox
window?

> There was a comment earlier about the FC4 cursors "busy" animated hour
> glass being too busy.  This may be true, but it is certainly less busy
> than the blue spinning thing.

Well at least you could *see* where the cursor is with the spinning
hourglass. It never bothered me, apart from suffering from the problem 2)
above as well to some extent.

 	- Panu -