Re: Fedora meeting Mono Half-Way

On 12/15/05, Davide Bolcioni <db-fedora 3di it> wrote:
Benjy Grogan wrote:

> Look at it this way, Fedora should try to do the smallest amount
> possible to embrace Mono.  Make it easier on the repositories that do
> include Mono, so that if I want to install Beagle or F-Spot, I can leave
> the system libraries on Fedora alone.

> There are some killer-apps built using Mono.  Fedora should get cheeky
> and see what they can get away.

Myself, I would welcome equivalents of the above apps NOT using mono
instead, but that's just me. How many virtual machines and frameworks
are we supposed to install ?

I know.  I'm saying forget about Mono.  Just install the mono bindings for d-bus, hal, etc...  there are no patent issues with them.

Benjy