Re: Fedora meeting Mono Half-Way

On 12/15/05, Patrick Barnes <nman64 n-man com> wrote:
Benjy Grogan wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I know this topic has been mentioned over and over, and everyone is
> irritated by it.  But why not meet the Mono project half-way?  Why
> can't the hal-sharp and the dbus-sharp, and gtk-sharp add-ons be
> included in the fedora packages?
Patents

There are patents in Mono.  But what patent is there in a mono binding do d-bus?  D-bus has no patent issues..  So a mono binding is just like a c++ binding, or a c binding.. or any binding.

I'm talking about including the mono bindings in Fedoro system libraries.

I can't see how there would be a patent in a mono binding for d-bus?

Benjy