Re: Fedora meeting Mono Half-Way

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 07:27 -0500, Benjy Grogan wrote:

> I know.  I'm saying forget about Mono.  Just install the mono bindings
> for d-bus, hal, etc...  there are no patent issues with them.

As the D-Bus co-maintainer and coauthor of the python bindings I can
confidently say why would you want this?  Packagers don't have to mess
with the system libraries.  Why?  Because they can just package up the
bindings.  Forget that it all comes from the same source tree.  That is
not important.

P.S. I don't know of any Hal bindings other than the C convenience
libraries as you usually access HAL directly from D-Bus for the most
part.

--
John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com>