Re: bittorrent in core? what frontend?

John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
Not sure but I think the one in core should be the simplest.  Click on
a .torrent file and a nice little progress bar pops up to tell you the
status and perhaps sits in the notification area.  By all means though,
get Azureus to work and find someone to package it into extras.

I don't mean to get into "my favorite client is X" debate, but if we're picking something for core, I'd argue for picking a client that people really love.[1] I've never used Azureus, but by that reasoning, since Azureus is regularly on sf.net's most downloaded/highest activity lists, it's a good choice. The "safe but boring" default client is a bad choice.

[1] http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2005/12/being_brave_is_.html