funny user moment (and perhaps a bug)

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 02:36:36 UTC 2005

On 12/15/05, Jack Tanner <ihok at hotmail.com> wrote:
> At the same time, I sit at my Windows box, log into the FC4 box via NX,
> and run other user apps (Thunderbird, etc.)
>
> It seemed completely natural to me to use my desktop that way.

This is only happening because you choose to use NX instead of the
available vnc technology exposed via Gnome's vino.   Helping to get NX
support coded into vino so Desktop->preferences->remote desktop   acts
a NX session would prevent what you are seeing.  Feel free to convince
the NX people to work more closely with the Gnome developers to get
native NX support working, or convince them to produce something
similar to vino so you can avoid the unnecessary second login and
reuse your existing local desktop which is already running.

-jef