Re: Shared vs Static (please read)

> http://people.redhat.com/drepper/no_static_linking.html

It really depends on what the software is intended to. For system softwares
dynamic linking is unavoidable, but for numerical software, where the
security/bugfixes/nss/glibc arguments don't hold having statically linked
binaries may be of help. I have static binaries that work since 6 or
more years and it is very convenient to just run them on any new linux.

I still agree that linking statically in general and especially with openssl
isn't a good choice.

--
Pat