kernel-2.6.14-1.1653_FC4.netdev.6?

John W. Linville linville at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 13:12:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 10:59:52PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> Oh, BTW: any chance of including something like:
> CONFIG_STANDALONE=n
> CONFIG_PREVENT_FIRMWARE_BUILD=n

I'm not sure what these would buy for us?  Looks like we would just
be cutting-out support for some drivers...?

> CONFIG_ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT=y
> CONFIG_ACPI_CUSTOM_DSDT_FILE="/lib/firmware/DSDT.hex"
> in Fedora kernel config?

These probably send shudders up the spines of anyone involved w/
supporting Fedora kernels.  I would not expect to see them enabled
in any "official" Fedora kernels anytime soon.

> This Acer has a really broken ACPI DSDT and I wish I didn't have to rebuild
> every new kernel.

You may wish to look here:

	http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/dsdt/
	http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/fc4/

Please note that the FC4.jwltest kernels do _not_ have the collection
of upstream networking fixes that are in the FC4.netdev series.
Also, don't blame me if you laptop explodes...ha-ha, only serious.

John
--
John W. Linville
linville at redhat.com