Yum Error-HELP

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 15:52:25 UTC 2005

I made it the "punk way":

Created a /var/lib/legacy dir
Made a copy of the libgtop-2.0.so.5... to legacy and repeated the
procedure for the required dependencies.
Downloaded the libgtop and other packages from
download.fedora.redhat.com
(/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS)
Forced installed them (rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps)
Then restored the links to the packages in the legacy dir (cd /usr/lib;
ln -s legacy/libgtop... libgtop-2.0.so.5) for all the dependencies.

Then it runs OK. Remember, for dbus you have to backup the dbus-1.0
dir... not only the libs

Best regards,

Casimiro

Remember: rawhide eats babies...