Re: Yum Error-HELP

On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 13:38 -0200, Clovis Tristao wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've to update my system using yum -y update, but appears this errors:
>
> Error: Missing Dependency: dbus = 0.50-1 is needed by package dbus-qt

dbus-qt is now gone.  rpm -e dbus-qt  to get rid of it and dbus will be
able to upgrade.

> Error: Missing Dependency: libgtop-2.0.so.5 is needed by package
> gnome-system-monitor
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgtop-2.0.so.5 is needed by package
> gnome-applets

I had this today as well.  Try --exclude=libgtop2\*

> Error: Missing Dependency: libdbus-1.so.1 is needed by package dbus-qt
> Error: Missing Dependency: libdrm.so.1 is needed by package mesa-libGL
> Error: Missing Dependency: libgcj.so.6 is needed by package eclipse-ecj

These guys need a rebuild to get their deps fixed up.  I was able to
--exclude=libdrm\*

The eclipse part may bite you.  I just had to work around all of the
java components while they were in flux.  Only a few remain to be fixed
up.

--
David Hollis <dhollis davehollis com>