Re: bittorrent in core? what frontend?

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 04:45 -0500, Sean wrote:
> Well Fedora could help the situation by making sure its default bt client
> supports UPnP so that a compliant nat router (like most linksys) will
> automatically be configured without the user needing to deal with it at
> all.

I would rather hope not.  I like to think that Fedora systems are
relatively secure by default, and running applications in default
manners won't change that.  Having upnp on by default can lead to
randomly open ports for forwarding and that is not a good thing.  Goes
against the whole ideal of secure by default.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: