Re: bittorrent in core? what frontend?

On Sat, December 17, 2005 2:15 pm, Jesse Keating said:

> I would rather hope not.  I like to think that Fedora systems are
> relatively secure by default, and running applications in default
> manners won't change that.  Having upnp on by default can lead to
> randomly open ports for forwarding and that is not a good thing.  Goes
> against the whole ideal of secure by default.

Actually it's more about working-by-default.  There is nothing insecure
about providing port-forwarding access to the bit-torrent client while it
is active.   Especially since the forwarding is disabled when the
application is turned off.   For those who truly object to this, UPnP can
be disabled on the router.

Sean