rawhide report: 20051217 changes

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Dec 17 21:22:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 22:12 +0100, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> So it mean "subscribe to fedora-devel-list it is waste of time" ?

I'm sorry, I don't follow this?

> > It was a scripted rebuild that had a few flaws.  1) the
> > script failed to catch noarch packages that aren't built w/ gcc, and 2)
> > the changelog bump had 'gcj' instead of 'gcc' in it due to not being
> > changed after the java rebuilds.
>
> So you know now (with my help or not) using this script it is bad
> methodology (If it is not clear a'm talking only about this)
> Consequences: instead reply for not sending any kind of answers better
> will be spend this time on rething rebuilding methodology.

I really don't know what kind of answers you were looking for.  I
explained why the were upgraded, and why the changelog had an invalid
entry.  What more can I say?

> I'm not asking how scripted rebuild work. I'm asking using very simple
> and elementar questions. If you don't want anwer on this or not want
> chage this stupid scripts simple better not wast (my an your) time for
> reply :>

Again, I answered the questions I saw:

Q: Why were noarch packages rebuilt?
A: The script I used failed to check for noarch.

Q: Why was 'gcj' referenced in the changelog for perl packages?
A: The script had an old entry used when dealing w/ java packages.

I did not see any further questions in the email I replied to, and I
tried to answer them in the most honest way possible.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora