USB drive REformatting -reg

   Friends,
       Dunno if this is an appropriate questionon this mail list....I want
  help to use a PenDrive on ALL linux flavors (if possible on OpenSolaris &
  WinXX too ?)
        A friend donated a UNknown format 1GB USB Pendrive and
   my RH9 Hardware browser detects as a HDD & lists as follows:
   Drive /dev/sda (Geom: 1022/33/61)(Model: Generic Flash Disk)
   /dev/sda
            1   1    < 1 Free space
    sda1    1   1023 1005 fat32
   How should I interpret the above information,I presume ! that
   this is formatted as FAT32, which can be used on Windows.
     This is enquiring How can I REformat (if required) so that
   I can use this flash drive on WinXX & Linux file formats as
   well - please provide step-by-stpe instructions for a novice.

   thankyou,

   SKN8700//
   18,Dec-