Re: Azureus (Was: bittorrent in core? what frontend?)

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Michael A. Peters wrote:

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 14:15 -0800, Anthony Green wrote:
On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 09:46 -0800, Anthony Green wrote:
I will give it another go once a gcj4.1 built SWT (from Eclipse) lands
in rawhide.  There have been many Classpath bug fixes over the past
year, so everybody cross your fingers.
Just FYI, I've packaged Azureus for rawhide with our Free stack.  Here's
a screenshot:

    http://spindazzle.org/pics/azureus-on-gcj4-2005-12-17.png

That does not look like the ugly java applications I've used :)

It demonstrates the improving maturity of a Free Java platform power by GCJ. Congrats guys!

As well as the elegant hard work done by the Azureus project. I really think this is our bt client. We can default to beginner mode and even disable one of its most important features (UPnP) by default. Those people with routers will know they need to setup port forwarding and will be happy that UPnP is there to greet them. Secure by default, simple for the newcomer and advanced enough to "Just Work" for the power users. -mf