Re: Azureus (Was: bittorrent in core? what frontend?)

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 10:24 -0600, Michael Favia wrote:
>  We can default to beginner mode and even
> disable one of its most important features (UPnP) by default.

I don't think that's necessary.
If UPnP is a security risk then it should be disabled by the firewall to
not allow outgoing UPnP.

Disabling it in a userspace doesn't reall do any good because any
exploit that would take advantage of it could just simply enable it.

Those of us (myself included) who don't want it can disable it at the
firewall. Then it doesn't matter what the apps do.