Re: bittorrent in core? what frontend?

Sean wrote:
On Mon, December 19, 2005 3:00 am, Alexander Larsson said:

I think the standard ui client looks fine for "just clicked on
a .torrent file" actually. I'm not sure gnome-bt is better for this.

Yeah, the gui looks fine.  As for real ease-of-use though it would be
nicer if the Fedora client actually supported UPnP.

Sean

P.S.  Just installed the bittorrent-gui to take a look at it and the first
thing it says when you start it is "Newer version available, would you
like to download it now" which is a bit annoying for a package that should
only be updated via rpm.

I've pushed an update to 4.2.2 earlier today. I'm not sure about disabling the "updated version" check. On the one hand people should only be updating the package using RPM, but on the other hand the alert will let them know that a new version is available, and that might prompt them to run "yum update" if they don't have automatic updates turned on.

Paul.