bittorrent in core? what frontend?

Paul A Houle ph18 at cornell.edu
Mon Dec 19 19:59:46 UTC 2005

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 13:38 -0500, Sean wrote:
>
>> All in all, there are a lot of reasons that having a separate update
>> notification available for this app.
>>

> I agree.  It would be highly confusing to a user to get notices for an
> update and for them to try and update it in the generic way such notices
> will give them.  Firefox fits into this category as well, and I don't
> believe it notifies users of pending updates in Fedora.

    Also,  this kind of nonsense is one of things that makes running
Windows so miserable today...  For instance,  Acroread pops up a modal
dialog,  asking me if I want to install some junkware I've never heard
of,  that freezes Firefox -- this modal dialog can be hard to find
sometimes,  so I end up having to kill Firefox.  I have to supervise the
Windows machine for a minute or so when I turn it off,  which is a real
pain when I'm running late for the bus at the end of the work day.