Re: yum downloads need revamping

On 12/20/05, Otto Haliburton <ottohaliburton comcast net> wrote:
> When doing a yum update, it selects all the package available without
> giving a choice as to what packages to download i.e. downloading
> openoffice downloads all language flavors which means that i get
> everything and I only want english, and this happens to everyone.

It happens to everyone?  Doesn't happen to me.... because when i did
my install.. i only selected english.  If you don't want the addional
language packages to be updated.. don't install the additional
language packages to begin with.. or remove the ones you don't want on
your system.

And if you want specific packages excluded from update commands learn
to use the --exclude cmdline option or the exclude configuration
switch in the config files yum is using.

-jef