Re: yum problems when multiple kernels installed

On 12/20/05, Gianluca Cecchi <gianluca cecchi gmail com> wrote:
>  It seems yum is not able to manage where multiple versions of kernel are
> installed
>  I would expect a message like "nothing to be updated".

Sounds like a localupdate/localinstall bug when working with packages
that are classified as "installonly" like kernel and kernel-smp.  You
should probably file this in bugzilla if its not already filed.

Does localupdate  work as you expect and give you a "nothing to
update" message when you try to update something which is already
installed other than a kernel via localupdate?

-jef