Plan for the Holidays

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Wed Dec 21 05:04:20 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 14:39 +1100, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 15:43 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > With the holidays upcoming, I plan to get the devel tree as broken-dep
> > free as possible.  This includes the foo-kernel packages.  I'll be
> > trying to keep those in sync with the new kernels that are pushed into
> > rawhide.  A lot of folks will have time off over the next couple weeks
> > and if they choose to test stuff I'd like it to be as easy as possible.
> >
> > That said, I think it would be good for developers to post what
> > specifically they think should be tested during this time.  What
> > components do we need some extra eyes on as we approach test2 freeze?
> >
> > Off the top of my head, we need the java stack tested, and that is a
> > pretty big thing.  Also the functionality of your favorite apps is a
> > good thing to target, given that everything has been rebuilt with the
> > new gcc.
> >
> > So Developers?  What would you like the masses to test?
>
> I'd like to see gpilotd and pilot-link working with my palm zire 72.
> While everyone seems to agree that it should just work, it hasn't for me
> and I've tried it on both FC4 and rawhide.
>
> I know this might be trivial, but it's something that doesn't work and
> should.

I'll request a +1 on this.

Though I am not sure how "ready" gpilotd is yet.  I heard that some
commits were made to gnome-pilot cvs to support 0.12 of pilot-link but
do not know if it is truly working.  Have also heard reports of people
having success with the rpm's for gnome-pilot being hosted at:

http://zeniv.linux.org.uk/pub/people/mark_adams/

Personally I am just using pilot-link to back up my Treo and waiting til
things settle out on gnome-pilot to get it back in Evolution....

--Rob