Radeon driver hang

Wed Dec 21 19:26:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 14:17 -0500, Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
> Erwin Rol wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I added Benjamin's patch to the ati driver SRPM to test if it works, and
> > for me it seems to work, my machine doesn't hard hang anymore.
> >
> > If you want to try it out the SRPM can be found here;
> > http://www.erwinrol.com/downloads/software/xorg-x11-drv-ati-6.5.7-2.src.rpm
> >
> Hi,
>
> Does this patch fix/address dual radeon card probs?  I have an AGP and
> PCI radeon 9200 and 9200SE respectively and can't get dual to work with
> Fedora, but can with SuSE and Gentoo.

I have no idea, I only know that my computer froze hard as soon as i
logged in unless i switched off all acceleration. With this patch it
doesn't freeze anymore, with acceleration enabled.

For more information you probably best can ask the Xorg-devel list,
since i just made a SRPM out the patch nothing more.

- Erwin