USB Flash drive testing FreeWare -reg

 Friends,
          I recently was given a 1GB USB by a friend who lives
 abroad....However he gave with some Photos, while some photos
 were rendered properly, one folder entire contents was NOT
 available identified with a string of "0000000000".
       I would appreciate if you can provide a feedback of How I get
 to know whether the USB drive is corrupted or otherwise & how
 to perform a TEST the USB from any FREE tools available online?

 thankyou,

 ShivKumar//
 22,Dec-