something's uninstalling the sun jre, again

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 00:09:42 UTC 2005

On 12/22/05, Anthony Green <green at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 16:18 +0100, Marcus Hartig wrote:
> > Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> >
> > > Fedora Core Whatever users should use either the RPM from jpackage.org
> > > or manually install the Sun Java tarball into /opt. Sun Java 1.5+ is
> > > recommended for stability purposes.
> >
> > Oh yes, thanks...I go this way with /opt, now.
>
> This is actually bogus advice that we'll be fixing in the release notes.
> We highly recommend _not_ installing Sun's tarball into /opt or anywhere
> else.  Sun's raw RPMs are also bad news.
>
> See the following for how to do it right...
> http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/JPackage_Java_for_FC4
>
> AG

Believe this needs to be updated for modular X.  I get this when doing
the 'yum localinstall....."

--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: /usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontdir for package:
java-1.5.0-sun-fonts
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: /usr/X11R6/bin/mkfontdir is needed by
package java-1.5.0-sun-fonts
[root at tlondon i586]#

--
Tom London