Re: Royalty free gstreamer plug-in

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
We could have done that with RealPlayer long before. We dont do that since we dont support proprietary formats. If you want a Free software platform be prepared to support and use a Free and superior format like Ogg. Thats my take on it.

That's how i view it too...

As an added benefit, IMHO, ogg is a far better format for lots of reasons!
Users should "learn" to use it or simply install an mp3 plugin from somewhere. I think it's kinda nice that users are "exposed" to the open formats in this way.

/Thomas