VMWare tools on Fedora Core 5

William Lovaton walovaton at yahoo.com.mx
Sun Dec 25 01:27:30 UTC 2005

Exactly, this is the case, Rawhide is the guest OS.  The Host is a
Fedora Core 3 system.

But I'm a little confused, some of you have been talking about that a CD
is necessary to configure the VMWare tools.  I just downloaded and
installed the RPM from the VMWare web site, in my case there is no CD.

And Paul mentioned something about vmware-config-tools.pl but I really
can't find it, it is not installed on my system.

As far as I can understand there is some kind of process (that I don't
know anything about) that needs to be done in the guess OS in order to
install the VMWare tools, can someone please enlighten me?

Cheers,

-William