Re: Royalty free gstreamer plug-in

Jeff Pitman wrote:

On 12/27/05, Tom Lane <tgl redhat com> wrote:
The risk/reward ratio for Red Hat to consider indemnifying users against
the two issues is completely different.  I don't think you'll see Red
Hat going out on a limb for MP3 players.

IOW, indemnification offers are just hot air. But, we know this isn't
indemnification for MP3s, it's a different beast. The comment was to
highlight where Redhat's priorities are. For good or bad.

Let's not forget that the "holier-than-thou" stance alienates quite a few users.

Can you explain that comment a bit more?. Do you mean the stance on providing only open source software without restrictions?

--
Rahul
Learn. Network. Experience open source.