Re: Royalty free gstreamer plug-in

On 12/27/05, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram redhat com> wrote:
> Jeff Pitman wrote:
> >Let's not forget that the "holier-than-thou" stance alienates quite a few users.
> >
> Can you explain that comment a bit more?.

Sure, no problem.

> Do you mean the stance on providing only open source software without restrictions?

Yes. And that's not to say that I disagree with the stance. In fact, I
agree with it given that "restrictions" are well-defined. Being
belligerent about looking into potential workarounds is not a show of
good faith. And, when you do not show good faith, you lose people.
Maybe you don't care; that's fine. But, it's good to be reminded that
the stances we take can and will alienate a bunch of people. It's the
truth whether you "much rather change the world instead of going along
with it" or not.
--
-jeff