Royalty free gstreamer plug-in

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Tue Dec 27 14:04:09 UTC 2005

Hi

>>Do you mean the stance on providing only open source software without restrictions?
>>

>Yes. And that's not to say that I disagree with the stance. In fact, I
>agree with it given that "restrictions" are well-defined.

Right. The restrictions are pretty well defined at this point. The
project goals are well advertised and active on the lists I believe
knows about it.

>Being
>belligerent about looking into potential workarounds is not a show of
>good faith. And, when you do not show good faith, you lose people.
>Maybe you don't care; that's fine. But, it's good to be reminded that
>the stances we take can and will alienate a bunch of people. It's the
>truth whether you "much rather change the world instead of going along
>with it" or not.
>--

How is a Free and open source stance not showing good faith? .  There
are over seventy distributions based on Fedora. Its not religion or
whims. Yes it will alienate a few proprietary software supporters who
will have to get the software from elsewhere. What exactly is your
solution that you are suggesting?. Vague notions dont help resolve
anything.

--
Rahul

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/