Status of docbook to pdf toolchain on Fedora?

Marius Andreiana mandreiana.lists at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 20:54:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 20:11 -0500, John Ellson wrote:
> David Malcolm wrote:

> I grabbed the latest FOP trunk from svn, but it still seems to have
Sun
> dependencies.

There is an C alternative to FOP:
http://xmlroff.sourceforge.net/news.html

xmlroff (http://xmlroff.org) is an XSL Formatter written in C that
produces PDF and PostScript. xmlroff 0.3.0 builds solely on open source
software since it no longer supports a PDFlib backend. It also plays
well with GNOME desktops since it uses Pango and the new PangoXSL
library

As I don't use XSLFO now, but I did in the past with FOP, I didn't test
this, but looks more attractive and lightweight (libxslt philosophy)
than FOP.

--
Marius Andreiana