FC5 and Yum Plugins

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Fri Dec 30 04:34:27 UTC 2005

Axel Thimm wrote:

>On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 08:34:36AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>

>>So would third party repository maintainers consider Fedora Core
>>having protectbase by enabled acceptable?.
>>

>I think the thread's consensus is that this would not benefit anyone
>as much as it puts pain to the 3rd party folks (maintainers and
>users).

Considering that this request came from one of the third party
repository users I wouldnt be quick to dismiss that. If the plugin is in
FC and the repository maintainers add the information to disable it for
their users instead of disabling it through RPM then it could
potentially help users make a more informed decision on letting
repositories replace packages.

--
Rahul

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/