FC5 and Yum Plugins

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 30 09:17:38 UTC 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 01:01, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 29 December 2005 09:18, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
[...]
> > Then use a 3rd party repo that does not override Fedora Core or Extras
> > RPMS. Yes, such a repo exists, but no, I still has no mythtv -- nobody
> > stepped up to package it there. Any volunteers?
>
> /me raises hand. :)
>
> I already have a fair amount of involvement with mythtv as maintainer of
> its stable code branch and my work on the ATrpms-provided mythtv packages.
> Unfortunately, there are some issues of reality to deal with. I'd love to
> see mythtv into Extras and, but the mythtv source code itself contains
> ffmpeg, which itself is already banished from Extras.

Whoops, misread what Thorsten said, I think. I don't think he was advocating
for mythtv into Extras, he was talking about putting it into another repo.
What's wrong with the ATrpms version? Is it simply a matter of principle that
people refuse to use the ATrpms package(s), since ATrpms can/does override
core packages? A protectbase option seems like an idea solution for that, so
why dismiss it w/"use a repo that doesn't override"...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com