Re: FC5 and Yum Plugins

Am Freitag, den 30.12.2005, 01:17 -0800 schrieb Jarod Wilson:
> On Friday 30 December 2005 01:01, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 December 2005 09:18, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [...]
> > > Then use a 3rd party repo that does not override Fedora Core or Extras
> > > RPMS. Yes, such a repo exists, but no, I still has no mythtv -- nobody
> > > stepped up to package it there. Any volunteers?
> > /me raises hand. :)
> >[...]
> Whoops, misread what Thorsten said, I think. I don't think he was advocating
> for mythtv into Extras, he was talking about putting it into another repo.

Yes. Livna to be precise.

> What's wrong with the ATrpms version?

Don't know, I never used any version of mythtv.

>  Is it simply a matter of principle that
> people refuse to use the ATrpms package(s), since ATrpms can/does override
> core packages?

You have to ask people. But if you ask me: Yes, that would be a problem
for me if I would like to use mythtv or other stuff from ATrpms. That's
one of the reasons why livna exists afaics.

And I really would like to see mythtv in livna. Some work has already
been done to achieve that, but nobody did enough and submitted it for QA
to livna.

CU
thl