Re: FC5 and Yum Plugins

On 12/30/05, Michael A. Peters <mpeters mac com> wrote:
> smart does an excellent job at that - you can give third party
> repositories a lower priority than base/updates/extras - but give
> individual packages within the third party repositories a higher
> priority.
>
> I would suggest that people who want to use third party repositories use
> something like smart (which is available from the third party
> repositories, and I think I saw it recently being reviewed for Extras)
> opposed to yum.

You are volunteering to help Axel out by responding to all the bug
reports he's getting from people who are using priorities to filter
out parts of atrpms?  Seems only fair. Here you are delibrately
encouraging people to use a method to subvert the structure of the 3rd
party repository and creating an additional burden on the repo
maintainers.

-jef