FC5 and Yum Plugins

Naheem Zaffar naheemzaffar at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 15:57:46 UTC 2005

Will this plugin allow packages to move from a protected core to a protected
extras, and vice versa?

After all That is a perfectly reasonable event.

And a third question would be what if a 3rd party decides to move a package
from 3rd party to extras? would this still work?

And what if Core and Extras drop a package, which is picked up by a third
party? will updated continue from 3rd party?

I do not think it is useful to debate the politics (I am in favour of
protecting official repo's by default. One should have to act to replace
default packages...), unless this plugin is workable for fedora, or can be
fixed to do so.

Otherwise we are just blowing steam.