redhat abe

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Feb 1 03:09:18 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 02:07 +0100, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> >> Although I love apt for its powerful configuration, I have to admit that
> >> 'apt-get build-dep' is not very usefully in the rpm-world:
> >>
> >> * it detects only the requirements which were used to build the src.rpm,
> >>   but not the deps which will be required
> > True, but ???
>
> Ok, an example:
[conditionals in RPM specs]

Well, IMO, any rpm which is part of a distribution should be rebuildable
by any arbitrary user/semi-newbie using
rpmbuild --rebuild ...
without having to provide any specific flags.

I.e. I consider rpm specs to be broken, which require special
conditionals to match those setting having been used by the distributor.

Ralf