Starting sshd errors

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Tue Feb 1 22:47:42 UTC 2005

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:44:15 -0600, Mike Chambers <mike at netlyncs.com> wrote:
> > Up until a few weeks (couple I guess) openssh was working fine.  But now
> > when trying to start it, I get "initlog not found", which is around line
> > 107, when the /etc/init.d/sshd file has "initlog -c blah blah".
>
> you are probably running rawhide. in that case try updating to the
> latest version of initscripts and openssh packages

For some reason I didn't think of it until you said something, but I
noticed openssh-server wasn't installed, as it also installed a
newer /etc/init.d/sshd file, which seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the hint,

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's always better to hurt a little now, than to hurt a lot later!"