SSL certificate management/storage

Jamie Zawinski jwz at jwz.org
Sat Feb 5 11:00:46 UTC 2005

Iago Rubio wrote:

> Could be a problem to assume this, as self-signed certificates does not
> require a CA - that'll pick some bucks from you to sign your
> certificates - and it's sure self-signed certificates will be hanging
> around for a while, because they're cheaper than CA signed ones.

Absolutely -- I use pop3s (and a self-signed ssl cert) for my employees'
email, and I'm sure not going to tithe anually to Verisign or whoever
merely to avoid a one-time warning dialog for my dozen users.  I'm sure
lots of other small companies feel the same way.

--
Jamie Zawinski      jwz at jwz.org                  http://www.jwz.org/
                    jwz at dnalounge.com      http://www.dnalounge.com/