Adding FOP Support to xmlto to fix PDF generation (Bug 147472)

Trever L. Adams tadams-lists at myrealbox.com
Tue Feb 8 18:58:55 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 18:48 +0000, Gavin Henry wrote:
> <quote who="Trever L. Adams">
> > FOP lacks many features, and it seems no one has touched it since 2003.
> > Are you sure you really want to add it?
>
> I getting desperate for a working PDF solution, so I was hoping this would
> be it.

Well, please don't let me discourage you. I actually have used it. It
works for most things I do (it would be nice to have). However, it needs
a lot of work. If I had money to throw at it, I think I would encourage
another to be written (maybe in C/C++). Also, I just saw that it hasn't
changed since 2003 yesterday; hence my reaction. I apologize.

The base style-sheets can be ugly in certain page sizes, but this is
from the docbook-xml stuff I Believe and can be fixed.

There are a few things that I don't seem to be able to do. Docbook or
FOP may be at fault.

Trever
--
"If there was strife and contention in the home, very little else in
life could compensate for it." -- Lawana Blackwell, The Courtship of the