alsa-oss got lost?

Mike Hearn mike at navi.cx
Sat Feb 12 20:55:36 UTC 2005

Hi,

According to this post from Matthias Saou:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-commits/2004-November/msg00064.html

Alsa-oss (aoss) is a part of Fedora Core 3. But it seems not to be, or at
least I cannot find it - in fact, I can't find an RPM of it anywhere.

Did this one somehow slip through the cracks, or am I just looking in the
wrong places? It should really be installed by default IMHO, perhaps even
loaded into the environment permenantly (eg the entire desktop run under
it), otherwise random apps will not use software mixing for no obvious
reason.

thanks -mike