Fedora Core 4 test 1 freeze ahead

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Feb 13 22:51:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 06:16 +0800, Colin Charles wrote:
>On Fri, 2005-02-04 at 16:29 -0500, Elliot Lee wrote:
>> I'm not yet sure whether we'll have PowerPC included - it would help
>> to have someone from that team give a summary of the status of
>> rawhide on that arch.
>
>I know Paul did an install on his iMac and was successful

I updated my powerbook to rawhide a few days ago, just after the rpm-4.4
update. Nothing broken on it that isn't broken on i386, afaict. It's
just the installer autopartitioning and yaboot stuff which needs
attention for PPC, I think.

I'm using a lot of FC3/ppc machines for real work, and there's basically
not a lot wrong with FC3 other than the installer, either.

>APM is still installed by default. Why is apmd.spec showing:
>        ExclusiveArch: %{ix86} ppc
>
>Do we really want apmd running on PPC? I'd have figured pmud/pbbuttonsd
>(i'm vouching for the former) would be a better bet.

We don't get battstat_applet support in gnome-applets unless we
provide /usr/lib/libapm.a. Yes, that sucks.

> Incidentally, David Woodhouse should be posting (or has already
>posted) for pmud's inclusion into Extras

Waiting for someone to second it.

--
dwmw2